Greg joined Richards & Evans Commercial Lawyers in September 2020. From 1990 to 2020, he practised at Norman Waterhouse Lawyers, from 1996 as a Partner and Team Leader, Commercial Dispute Resolution, and also for some years as Chairman of Partners.
A wealth of experience in all commercial litigation, but particularly in contentious Intellectual Property matters, including Patents, Designs, Trade Marks and Copyright.
Greg acts for clients large and small, in a diverse range of industries across Australia and in other countries. Some of his clients are very well-known brands and businesses, and he has acted in many reported IP cases, including the first case in Australia concerning Innovation Patents (Delnorth v Durapost).
Greg has a broad network of legal contacts in Australia and overseas, and he works closely with Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys and IP Counsel on a daily basis. He has given presentations regarding IP topics to audiences at Adelaide University, IPSANZ, and other IP legal conferences.
His experience and capabilities are recognised by repeated annual listings in peer and client Lawyer Review Guides for Intellectual Property Lawyers. Greg was recognised as Lawyer of The Year in International Property Law 2023, South Australia in Best Lawyers, and he is listed as a “Leading South Australian Intellectual Property Lawyer” by Doyle's Guide.
Recognition is not limited to South Australia, and he is well known throughout Australia and overseas by those who practice in the IP field. In 2012, he was the recipient of WD-40’s Award of Excellence, which the famous US company WD-40 presents annually to a legal service provider from its global panel who has provided service excellence to the WD-40 Company. Greg is also a South Australian Committee member of IPSANZ.
Qualifications and Professional Work History
- Partner, Richards & Evans Commercial Lawyers, 2020 - present
- Senior Associate/Partner/Team Leader Com. Lit./Chairman of Partners, Norman Waterhouse Lawyers, 1990 - 2020
- Locum Solicitor, London UK, 1990
- Solicitor, Moray & Agnew (and then Esplins) 1988 - 1990
- Solicitor, D.J. Fisher & Associates, 1986-1987
- Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University, 1986
- Bachelor of Economics, Macquarie University, 1984
Professional Affiliations and Directorships
- Member, Law Society of South Australia
- SA Committee Member of IPSANZ, 2020 - present
- Member of Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)