Isabelle Tye was admitted to practice in 2016 and has quickly gained experience in a wide range of Intellectual Property matters, working closely alongside Senior Practitioners in providing advice on enforcing and protecting Intellectual Property rights concerning Patents, Trade Marks, Copyright and Designs.
She has been closely involved in the conduct of Intellectual Property proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
As well as practising in Intellectual Property, Isabelle also has experience in a range of commercial litigation matters, including Insolvency, Australian Consumer Law and Confidential Information.
Supplementing her litigation skills, and with the guidance of Senior Practitioners of the firm, Isabelle also prepares commercial documents , including Intellectual Property Assignments, Licences and Non-Disclosure Agreements, Website Terms, Sales Terms and Privacy Policies.
Isabelle has presented workshops to colleagues and clients on the legal developments in Insolvency, including Safe Harbour and Ipso Facto Clauses as well as representing clients at Brand Protection seminars. She has been recognised as a Rising Star in Intellectual Property & TMT Law by Doyle's Guide in 2022 and 2023.
Qualifications and Professional Work History
- Associate, Richards & Evans Commercial Lawyers, 2020-present
- GDLP Placement/Law Clerk/Solicitor/Associate, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Norman Waterhouse Lawyers, 2016-2020
- Advanced Certificate in Insolvency from ARITA, University of Technology Sydney, 2018
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, 2016
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Adelaide, 2016
Professional Affiliations and Directorships
- Member, Law Society of South Australia
- Member, Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Committee Member, 2021 & 2022 President, Women’s Insolvency Network South Australia (winSA), 2018 - present