Nick Evans has a Bachelor of Economics and Law and was admitted to practice in South Australia and the High Court in 1995.
Nick commenced practicing in commercial litigation at Kelly & Co Solicitors (now HWL Ebsworth) before moving to London in 2000 to specialise in large scale construction and infrastructure disputes and overseeing the litigation requirements of a large UK telecommunications company.
In 2009 he returned to Australia and joined ASIC’s Sydney office, pursuing market manipulation and insider trading offences under the Corporations Act, before returning to private legal practice in Adelaide in 2011.
Nick has undertaken dispute resolution and advisory work for a variety of clients in the horticulture, transport and vehicle hire industries, to name just a few. His background in commercial litigation incorporates the conduct of matters involving Joint Venture, Partnership and Contractual Disputes as well as Insolvency, Trusts and Contested Wills and Estates.
His experience also extends to regulatory and government affairs, having recently managed compliance issues arising from information disclosure, party registration and public funding for the Electoral Commission of South Australia.
Nick’s clients appreciate his wide-ranging experience, commercial acumen and strategic approach to achieving outcomes.
Qualifications and Professional Work History
- Partner, Richards & Evans Commercial Lawyers, 2023-present
- Senior Compliance Officer / Manager – Funding, Disclosure & Registration, Electoral Commission of SA, 2020-2023
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) Course, 2019
- General Counsel and Company Secretary, Mutual Marketplace Pty Ltd, 2018-2019
- Special Counsel / Director, Schirripa Evans Lawyers, 2011-2018
- Executive Level 2 Senior Manager, Deterrence & Market Integrity, ASIC, Sydney, 2009-2010
- Senior Solicitor / Chief Counsel, British Telecommunications plc, London, 2003-2008
- Senior Associate, Hannah & Mould Solicitors, London, 2000-2003
- Solicitor / Senior Associate, Kelly & Co Solicitors (now HWL Ebsworth), 1995-2000
- Bachelor of Laws, Northern Territory University (now Charles Darwin University), 1994
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Adelaide, 1991
Professional Affiliations and Directorships
- Member, Law Society of South Australia