Tom Evans is a graduate of Flinders University and was admitted to practice in South Australia and the High Court in 2004.
After graduating, Tom worked as an Associate to Justice White and Justice Bleby in the Supreme Court of South Australia for 18 months in 2005 and 2006.
Tom has since practised for nearly 20 years, almost exclusively in commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Prior to joining our firm in 2017, Tom had worked at Fisher Jeffries (now Dentons) and Iles Selley Lawyers, becoming a partner of that firm in 2016.
Tom is versatile in a broad range of litigation matters, ranging from property and trust disputes, to employment, defamation and insolvency matters, and almost everything in between.
He regularly receives referrals from, or is asked to act for, individual members of the legal profession and legal firms alike.
Tom is regarded by clients and professional counterparts alike as a calm and perceptive lawyer, possessing a keen eye for detail, whilst being pragmatic and commercial in resolving disputes.
Articles by Tom
Qualifications and Professional Work History
- Partner, Richards & Evans Commercial Lawyers, 2017 - present
- Senior Associate/Partner, Iles Selley Lawyers, 2010 - 2017
- Solicitor/Associate/Senior Associate, Fisher Jeffries, 2006 - 2010
- Associate to the Honourable Justice David Bleby and the Honourable Justice Richard White, Supreme Court of South Australia, 2005-2006
- Bachelor of Laws & Legal Practice, Flinders University, 2004
- Bachelor of International Studies (Hons), Flinders University, 2004
Professional Affiliations and Directorships
- Member, Law Society of South Australia